View Single Post
Old 07-20-2017, 11:04 AM   #1
Mark8122

New owner 2003 986 - Radio upgrade questions

New owner/member here.

I had always liked the Boxster, but it was not in the cards for many years. Recently I was searching around a bit and came across a pristine 2003 with 37k miles for a reasonable price not too far from me and it worked out. Below is a picture of my son in it.

After we got it, we did the PPI (post purchase inspection ) at the local dealer and were lucky that all was well.

This site has been very valuable for information and I have done some searching, but I wasn't able to find my answer via search terms.

The car has the original CDR-23 radio (Bose speakers) and I'd really like use my iphone for songs via Bluetooth or even a basic cable if needed.

This isn't a daily driver, so a significant upgrade with nav, xm, etc isn't needed. The car runs with the top down 98% of the time, so a basic system is fine.

My request:

- Any recommendations for a simple bluetooth adapter that someone with zero skill can install?

- Pictures/recommendations of an upgraded radio that would fit and look 'similar' to the surrounding elements? Bright silver of course would not be an option, but a black frame with orange lighting would fit in, right?

Thank you in advance.

Mark
Mark8122 is offline   Reply With Quote