View Single Post
Old 07-11-2017, 05:29 PM   #450
TrumpyAl

+1 for not treating adjustable suspension as something that you are likely to tweak more than twice.

They can be useful for stiffening up dampers a little when you are on a known smooth surface (ie for a track day), but for the most part the adjustment is there so that you can dial them in to work with your chosen spring rate. My understanding is that even models with adjustable preload offer very limited real-world adjustment to spring rates. One of the great advantages to aftermarket coilovers is that you have a wide selection of spring rates to choose from - usually far, far more options that are available to work with a factory setup. But in practice this advantage is rarely exploited on a road car as you'll almost always end up with a very similar spring rate to what the aftermarket offers as a 'sports' option.

Perhaps consider your options for adjustable swaybars before committing to coilovers.

I've also observed that coilovers seem to be one of the lasts mods performed before someone moves the car on. I'm really not sure why, but I have my suspicions.

My 2c worth

Last edited by TrumpyAl; 07-11-2017 at 05:33 PM.
TrumpyAl is offline   Reply With Quote