View Single Post
Old 07-05-2017, 11:42 AM   #4
redciv1

Quote:
Originally Posted by dghii View Post
Very nice!

I've done mine (and others) using 800 up to 4000 and then polish. It was always a big improvement.

But...
A couple years back, I had a BMW in at an Indy AC repair shop and the guy had some before/after examples of headlights using a 3M kit he had. I ended up taking a flyer and had him do my wife's 2004 350Z Roadster (which I had previously done, but needed redoing). He charged $100 but they looked brand new. I was so impressed, I removed my Boxster's headlight assemblies and dropped them off. Same thing! I can't believe that his kit worked so much better than what I had done.

Its been two years and my headlights still look great. We just sold the 350z, which sat outside, and the lights still looked good (but had degraded slightly).

The 3M kit the indy had was not the same as what we can buy in the local auto parts store.
I did my wife's CLK350 with Meguiar's and was really pleased with it. Oddly enough only one headlight was yellowing. Been over a year and I can see the yellowing appearing back. I will look up 3m because honestly, it's alot of work sanding headlights.
redciv1 is offline   Reply With Quote