View Single Post
Old 07-03-2017, 10:01 PM   #17
RobertKing

Having just bought a 2001 S, 3.2l 6speed manual, all leather, heated seats, mirrors, sport package, 18 wheels, etc. with a crap stereo and 111,000 miles on it for just shy of $9,500 I'd say he's asking way too much. The torn CV boot will mean CV joints soon and that's a fairly expensive repair, even if you do it yourself. IMS may still fail on a 40k vehicle, heck it may fail on mine. A rebuilt engine will run you between 6 and 10,000.00 if it fails. KBB prices are very subjective but do give a fair representation of what an exceptionally good condition car is worth. Anything wrong with trim, suspension, engine/transmission etc, drops the value significantly. Also, keep in mind, resale value is nonexistent at this point. These cars are not appreciating yet. They may in time but right now, no. Being a 2001, it has a plastic rear window which will likely need replacing and that means a new top at $500+ if you install it yourself (not an easy task)... I'm in California so, I've no idea what the market is like in Ohio but, that price does seem high to me. Looked at one with the same mileage as yours in Colorado before I bought mine and it was under $9,000.
RobertKing is offline   Reply With Quote