View Single Post
Old 07-02-2017, 06:16 PM   #1
bachmoza

Garage
My center console VDO gauges

​Here is my oil pressure and temperature gauges in the dash DIN space.
Faceplate: Radio slot (DIN) or center console storage custom single-gauge aluminum panel from ebay seller 9xauto. http://www.ebay.com/itm/Radio-slot-DIN-or-center-console-storage-custom-single-gauge-aluminum-panel-/162275096388?hash=item25c8597744
It came in satin black single gauge pane with a single 52mm hole and old-timer looking,lovely to me, two side strong protruded bar handles.
Premium robust quality and fit nice to the space without any modification.
I made extra 52mm and center 14mm holes for a 3-terminal toggle switch to be used for on-off gauge power and the cooling fan relay control left over later.
Consider that the aluminium faceplate is very thick about 8mm.

Gauges ; Cockpit series with the stud mounting style from egauges.com.. The spinlock mount does not fit in that space of the Boxster.
Sensors;
-996 oil pressure sending unit M14 mm male thread with G and WK terminals; ref. Pelican 101 projects. replaced to the factory oil pressure switch sensor at the passenger side engine block.
WK to the factory oil pressure switch line connector, and G to new connector directed and crimped to the new real oil pressure gauge 10-180 ohm sensor terminal.
-VDO oil temperature sensor M14mm to replace an unused stock plug at the upper surface of engine block left side.

Details could be followed on responses.

--
CK

Last edited by bachmoza; 07-04-2017 at 04:46 PM.
bachmoza is offline   Reply With Quote