View Single Post
Old 07-02-2017, 08:13 AM   #3
jsceash

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by tn0 View Post
Hi,
new to the forum and not yet a Porsche owner. I found a 2001 S with ~40k from local private seller, after test driving it I had PPI done yesterday. Left CV outer boot torn, but other than that the mechanic said it was about as clean a car as he had seen from 2001. I reviewed the service records, owner (and previous owner) obviously taking good care of. The IMS has not been replaced, but the mechanic pulled oil filter and found no indication of trouble.
My only issue is this - seller is standing firm on price and I think he is asking too much. He listed for $15k, after PPI he is willing to sell for $14.1 as-is so he theoretically came down a little bit.
So I have looked at KBB and NADA Guide, KBB says he is asking $4k too much and NADA says about $2k too much. Any advice on whether I am a sucker if I bite?
He's asking too much with or without a PPI. should be able to pick up a 2003 or 2004 for that much, in about 100 to 200 mile radius of you.
* 3.6L LN block, 06 heads, Carrillo H rods, IDP with 987 intake, Oil mods, LN IMS. * Spec II Clutch, 3.2L S Spec P-P FW. * D2 shocks, GT3 arms & and links, Spacers front and rear * Weight reduced, No carpet, AC deleted, Remote PS pump, PS pump deleted. Recaro Pole position seats, Brey crouse ext. 5 point harness, NHP sport exhaust
jsceash is offline   Reply With Quote