View Single Post
Old 06-29-2017, 11:54 AM   #57
jb92563

I wonder if the self driving cars of the future will have an "Agressive" setting to mimic a road rager and get you to your destination 30 seconds faster. I don't think people will accept granny mode chauffeuring.

I often ponder my own destiny and my occasional risky spurts of enthusiasm and wonder if it helped me avoid disaster or rushed me towards it.

So far so good but I tend to think back on some of those things and make a mental note not to do it again. Best to leave the high speed antics to the track rather than messing with unpredictable and often irrational regular drivers that barely passed high school physics and have no clue what they are doing.

I do feel a bit guilty at times when I have provoked a Honda to try and stay with me in the twisties. They typically try to chase and get themselves in trouble quite quickly and if lucky, just scare themselves as they over reach their own and the cars capabilities.

A momentary evil grin, then a bit of guilt. I figure the planet is over populated with Hondas so running a few through the Darwin Award test is OK right?

Also I've noticed that when I'm driving slower (The Speed Limit) other folks around slow as well as they must think that something is wrong or my detector has picked up the LEO's.
They would be right with that assumption!

"As I sit here I am traveling at 1000 mph to the east, due to the rotation of the Earth.
The Earth is hurdling in its orbit around the Sun at 67,000 mph.
Our solar system is traveling 514,000 mph around our Galaxy.
Our Galaxy the Milky Way is traveling through space at 1,300,000 mph.
So officer, I DO know how fast I was going, it was 1,814,000 mph plus or minus 68,000 mph.
What did you clock me at?"
Short Shifter, Touch Screen Dual Din Radio, 03 4 Bow glass Top (DD & Auto-X since May 17,2012)

Last edited by jb92563; 06-30-2017 at 06:11 AM.
jb92563 is offline   Reply With Quote