View Single Post
Old 06-29-2017, 04:42 AM   #11
itsnotanova

Quote:
Originally Posted by pidj View Post
So I Googled "rolled fenders" .... yikes! No thanks. I have read on this site that as you move to 19" and up, the ride deteriorates considerably. With 18"s I can feel more road than with any other vehicle I've driven.
I'm not sure what you found in your google search but rolled fenders is not hard to to do or bad for a vehicle. LOTS and LOTS of people have done it. Heck I've done it to a few cars with just a heat gun and a hammer. They have fancy tools that bolt to your hub and make it even easier. As for jumping up on wheel size and having a stiffer ride. Technically yes it will be a rougher ride. A lot has to do with the make of tires too. I've had 2 sets of 17's, 3 sets of 18's and one set of 19's on my boxster and I didn't feel a big difference in ride harshness between them because of the size as much as I did with what tires were on them. The biggest problem I saw with the 19's was their weight. They were boat anchors and I couldn't wait to get them off. I could instantly tell my car was slower.