View Single Post
Old 06-23-2017, 09:36 PM   #18
DarkStar

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by 356Guy View Post
That said I think people are chasing their tales expecting great acoustics in a Boxster or 911.
The sound quality in a boxster is very good. A lil road noise depending on your tire choice. I'm running prob one of the most powerful systems in a Boxster. And I removed every single inch of the factory crap system. Tho upgrading any single one piece of the stock unit, even the fiber unit is super easy in these cars...

My System:
Samsung Galaxy Tab 8.4" LTE In Dash
Behringer USB Digital Audio Converter
6" SPDIF Cable
Helix DSP
PhoenixGold 1700w 5ch Amp
MB Quartz Components, tweeters in front of door handles. (Getting new panels and moving them to the Pillars. )
2 13.5" JL Audio Subwoofers.

With the amount of storage space I have, I have a ton of .FLAC and I sometimes have trouble prying myself away from my car. I've been known to pull into my garage with the windows up and sit in the car for hours on accident because I can't get enough of the insane Symphony.

Good Quality audio can easilly be had with the Boxster. I went all in, I don't expect anyone to follow in my footsteps but my car is hard top only now so I have a ton of space where the soft top was. But for those who still drop the top and what not, there are lovely JL Audio pre fab subwoofers that put out mean bass and rest easily under the top when its down. ! And every single component set fits in the Boxsters Door Speakers.... I hate the dash speakers with a passion, unless putting just a tweeter here, they are just wrong, overpower the door speakers but the point I'm trying to get at, is there are lots of options for people lacking space like the Boxster world.

It shouldn't be afraid of.