View Single Post
Old 06-22-2017, 08:52 PM   #14
Fintro11

Location: Nanaimo, Vancouver Island, British Columbia, Canada
Update:

I have contacted multiple sites that make cabling / radio mods for info / having a harness made. They all wanted nothing to do with it. I ended up at https://cai-store.com I let them know the situation, the radio and how I wanted to hook it up.

Rod the owner replied with a link to the Chinese most bus converter and suggested keeping the factory amp for a low cost solution. I mentioned bypassing the amp and running the subs under power. This is his response.

Quote:
4 channel amp with decent power would be ideal. Even the little compact Alpine KTP power pack guy with 45 x 4, and 2 ohm stable. The idea of series wiring the 2 ohm door woofers would only work if someone is using an amplifier-a radio would have to run a load like that on only one speaker output, either right or left, and then there goes half the stereo sound, plus hardly any power.

Most radios have about 20 honest watts of power x 4 outputs, this Alpine power pack is 45 continuous watts x 4. That amp is $149.99, and we could build and prep a wiring kit, probably for another $90 or so.

After sending a few emails back and forth with Rod I have decided to go with the alpine amp. It will cost more than the most bus adaptor but the great customer support and the ability to upgrade speakers in the future sold me.

Once I get everything here I will take lots of pictures and do a full diy
Fintro11 is offline   Reply With Quote