View Single Post
Old 06-22-2017, 12:12 PM   #437
geraintthomas

Quote:
Originally Posted by TrumpyAl View Post
Have you considered starting with the seats? In the past I've been amazed at the difference that grippy seats makes to how capable and connected a car feels.

Is it worth considering switching to 19" wheels to take some refinement out of the car?

+1 for more pictures :-P
I'm looking into the more sport version of the Boxsters seats but that won't be for a while yet. I'm happy with the seats, but unhappy with other areas, so I'll start with the areas I'm un happy with!

Quote:
Originally Posted by oldskool73 View Post
Sounds like you need to get a '97 model like mine, cable throttle and none of that luxury leather crap, it's light weight plastic all the way buddy! haha, if you want to swap just let me know...
Hah you're alright I' think I'll stick to mine!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dave80GTSi View Post
I have a chance to pick up a set of 18" wheels which look like yours - see picture.

How do you like yours? Did you need to use spacers?

Nice! No need for spacers, just a straight swap. Unless you have a 2.5 Base, in which it's recommended you don't put 18's on at all.

I think they're okay. The anthracite colour helps, but I don't like the style much I don't think. I bought them as they were an 18" upgrade and original Porsche, but I'd rather have the GT3 wheels, or better still the lobster claws or Carrera Sports (my favourite).

Had a productive evening. So I've removed the DRL's for now as one of them has failed (again) due to water getting inside of it. They're sending a replacement, but I may try some different ones. For the meantime I've put the sidelight bulbs back in which are seated behind the projector lenses, but I've put very bright ones in to make up for the fact that they're hidden.

Only temporary until I can find a good set of DRL's.

I got a little fed up of the car intermittently not cancelling the left indicator, so decided to open everything up to have a nose.

Then I noticed this tab which pushes the indicator mechanism back into place when it comes into contact. It's worn down on one side, so like a door latch, it skips one way and works the other way.

Decided to file down the curve so it was a perfect right angle:

And voila! Nice free fix

https://www.youtube.com/watch?time_continue=5&v=wVLagCp6my0

Bi-xenon Headlight Upgrade | 987 S 18" Anthracite Alloys | Android Head Unit | 5000k 55w HID's | 5000k Cree DRL's | 5000k Cree number plate lights | Cree LED Indicators | One-touch roof operation | Bypass exhaust pipes | Parking sensors | Ambient footwell lighting
geraintthomas is offline   Reply With Quote