View Single Post
Old 06-21-2017, 07:37 AM   #18
Gelbster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alfieg23 View Post
I have almost eliminated this issue by doing the following.

1. Close all A/C vents
2. Turn A/C on HIGH with air direction straight out (no upper or lower stream)
3. Turn vacuum cleaner on and place nozzle brush against each vent, opening only that vent.
4. Close vent and repeat with other dash vents.

The air pressure forced the foam pieces to come out of each vent. I did this over a year ago and have had only a couple of small pieces come out since. I may need to do this again at some point, depending on how much foam was left behind and when it deteriorates.
What pity this does not work well ! Particlewave explained why .
But suppose you install a simple,direct,hand operated valve on the hot coolant inlet hose to the heater core .That would prevent warming of the a/c air. Anyone tried this? Where is the best location for such a valve ? It should be simple to just use a Home Depot valve with a hose barb at each side.
This one even has some bling ! Would tke 20 mins max to do
SharkBite 3/8 in. Chrome-Plated Brass PEX Barb Quarter-Turn Straight Stop-23382LF - The Home Depot
or search AmaZon for "3/8 barb x barb valve" Maybe 1/2" is the correct size? It is easy to just rummage at H.D.Plumbing Dept with a sample of your heater hose in hand and get separate barb fittings to connect to a standard,straight brass valve.

If this would work it would be a good interim fix because the procedures described above would take many hours of careful work.
While you are in there jobs? - the horn ring fix !
Feel free to improve on the suggestion

Last edited by Gelbster; 06-21-2017 at 04:38 PM.
Gelbster is offline   Reply With Quote