View Single Post
Old 06-20-2017, 04:27 PM   #10
Nine8Six

Quote:
Originally Posted by 356Guy View Post
That said I think people are chasing their tales expecting great acoustics in a Boxster or 911.
Good observation, apparently;

Stopped by our most reputable car sound designers downtown to have them laughing out loud at me when I've asked them to set me up with a decent sound kit. What a Sunday afternoon! When they saw that amount of sound reflecting glass & plastic the Boxster had in that shoebox-size cabin, they all burst into laugh. They simply refused to install anything in my car fearing I'll let someone knows its their kit. Was that bad.

So.... I moved to a slightly lower-end shop LOL to be told about the same thing :/ That guy said the only way to get a min quality sound is to install a loud system in there. Pictures of permanent hearing injury and wicked mode frequencies included.

Like yourself, I've pretty much quit chasing sound fidelity near a flat-6 engine. Stock speakers for me, stock amp maybe, sufficient, BUT with a kick arse factory-looking front end. I-cannot-wait!

Last edited by Nine8Six; 06-20-2017 at 04:30 PM.
Nine8Six is offline   Reply With Quote