View Single Post
Old 06-17-2017, 07:07 PM   #26
Nine8Six

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mauiguy View Post
Durametric scan said no faults, but doesn't the engine need to be running for it to show everything? Obviously I didn't start it...
No. Needs eng running only if you need access to live data. Stored faults can be read with the key removed from the ignition in fact. Mine does anyway.Just not sure about Durametric... better not to take any chances. therefore ignition ON.

So... looks like your car fires at the right time and mix its gas & air properly. Anything you worry about that much that prevents you from running the car with oil? If any gears went 'grinding' in there, surely related to the windshield washer pump. My guess mind you

Disclosure: I know nothing about cars. Everything will be fine as long as it looks good

Your call

ps: second hands P engines are $1500 here now, twice less than what labor cost to open your valve covers. Those half-plastic $1500 engines installs in an afternoon with a mate or two also. Cost 4~5 pizza and few beers after.