View Single Post
Old 06-17-2017, 06:52 PM   #146
lkchris

Installed Dwight's nice cable about a year ago and bought a Durametric and got OBC activated. However, nothing on the dash. Retry with Durametric said already activated.

So this week I installed the 3-blink turn signal upgrade and decided to check my obc wiring at the same time. For a while now I've owned a complete 996 dash wiring harness (must weigh 100 lb) and was able to track down the obc wiring in that to enable me to verify the pin connections, in case I'd miswired the dash connector--I hadn't.

Anyway, after getting everything back together obc now works and I'm really happy.

Moral to the story? Guess it's possible to not get that gray connector (mine's 2001) correctly reattached to the cluster ... or perhaps I didn't get the black connector block back into the gray holder correctly. My car is manual trans and there's only one other wire in the gray connector--don't know what it is but saw no other problem during the year not having gray connector correct.

3-blink works, too, but it was a big hassle ...obc activation was a piece of cake in comparison... just don't be confused by suggestions you need to remove steering wheel. Obc lever is separately removable from the rest, so you can just bolt it on to your existing configuration.
2007 GL320 CDI, 2010 CL550
2 BMW motorcycles
lkchris is offline   Reply With Quote