View Single Post
Old 06-13-2017, 12:13 PM   #5
AdamT

I chose Vertex because they had a complete product, and they seem to know their stuff. I won't lie, part of what motivated the choice was price. They were substantially cheaper than some other rebuilders. Although I don't want to be pennywise and pound foolish, I felt like they did a thorough job and offered a good warranty (1 year, no limit on miles). My car was a blast to drive on its original engine, so I didn't need to look for more power. I looked into RND, which looked like a high-quality option, but at more than twice the price of the Vertex engine. There were a couple of other options which looked similar to Vertex (in price and scope of remanufacturing). Vertex was very responsive and extremely prompt in getting the ball rolling, arranging shipping and offering advice, so I didn't move on to the next place.

I hope I'll be able to report on how the car drives within a few days -- the engine was delivered this afternoon, and I understand the shop is getting to work.

If this turns out well, I hope it will help the next person who needs to make the decision. If it doesn't, I will find out how well Vertex stands behind its product.
AdamT is offline   Reply With Quote