View Single Post
Old 06-09-2017, 08:20 PM   #1
Frodo

Headlight confusion--Part Two

Headlights work intermittently—I start the car, turn the knob to the right, sometimes they come on, sometimes they don’t. I fiddle around with the light switch but can’t seem to “jiggle” it in such a way that the lights come on with any predictability. It just seems totally random. When they do come on, they are normal—ie when they work, BOTH ALWAYS come on—I never have just one side or the other. When they aren’t working I can get the high beams to come on with the normal (momentary) pull back on the high beam/low beam stalk on the steering column. Due in part to my lack of experience using them, I not sure if the fog lights are working normally or not. They come on when I pull back on the light switch knob, but when I then turn the knob to the left and release it, they go out. If I do the same thing but turn the knob to the right and release, they stay on. Is that proper functioning for the fogs?

With these symptoms, is my problem very most likely the dashboard light switch? If not, what’s the next step diagnostically? Litronics, btw.
Frodo is offline   Reply With Quote