View Single Post
Old 06-09-2017, 04:20 AM   #6
itsnotanova

Quote:
Originally Posted by That986 View Post
BBS Fuchs Classic replica wheels? Can you post a link to these as your pic doesn't work.

It sounds nice but only to a collector in reality and are Boxsters really collector cars yet?

The mileage would put me off straight away as if you were to drive it no doubt everything with rubber attached underneath would need replacing. And in all honesty i'd be afraid to push it with it being so rarely used. Also if you do start driving it as these cars are meant to be then the value would come down significantly as soon as you start piling the miles on. The other thing is with the modifications you can't even call it original so that hits the collector value straight away.

So really what you're buying is a very expensive ornament. That you can't really drive. So kind of pointless really.
I mostly agree when it comes to the engine. The engine doesn't like to sit long. The rest of the car holds up pretty good as long as it's not parked in the sun. I'm thinking you might get someone to pay a higher price for your boxster who doesn't know much about these cars and is enamored by the mileage.