View Single Post
Old 06-08-2017, 08:11 AM   #1
marky94301

what is fair price for pristine 2000 Boxster S with 16k on it?

I live in Lake Oswego, OR (~10 miles Sout of downtown Portland, Oregon)

Miles 16xxx

I bought it Dec 2013 from a retired collector that basically never drove it in the long rainy Oregon winters, kept it on a trickle charger in his garage with the cover on it, then took it out a few sunny days/year to Porsche club events, the seller was very meticulous and provided a fat file of maintenance records and documents of his upgrades

I have made no changes to it and only driven on a few summer days myself, far less than I planned and I did not even taken it out yet in 2017 (I occasionally start it up and just drive around block to keep tires from going flat from sitting too long)

very cool looking black wheels with chrome at edge = 18" BBS Fuch replica Classix wheels with new Yokohama Advan Neova tires. The tires have ~2k on them, these BBS wheels are very nice (and have absolutely no curb rash, pristine)

Eibach springs- lowers it 1/2 inch (I would not have done this but it looks very cool)

Fabspeed stainless steel cat back exhaust (I would not have done this but it sounds very cool)

B&M short shift kit (I would not have done this as I think Porsche knows better and I can't race it, my town speed limit is 25mph...)

INTERIOR: Black leather interior, leather is fresh and not faded or cracked at all

EXTERIOR: Speed Yellow, freshly washed and very near flawless
without a door ding or anything, the only flaw was made by me leaving the wiper up then opening the hood and nicking the edge, hardly noticeable do to location, but I plan to buy touch up paint and cover this rice-grain-sized nick on edge of hood

TOP: fresh and clean, as new, window is plastic but in excellent condition

Stereo: factory Becker CR 220 AM/FM CD player with factory Rear speaker kit
Power locks/windows
Cruise control
Traction control
Wind deflectors - left, right and center - between roll bars

trickle charger battery with pigtail

Car cover included

Always garaged

Never driven in rain

No accidents

Clean title

previous retired gentleman owned it from 2005- Dec 2013, another Porsche Club member prior
I owned it from Dec 2013 to present and hardly ever take it out, too many hobbies, cycling, soccer, motorcycles, kids sports... Oregon rain (I never take it out in rain)

Needless to say it is a joy to drive and handles like a dream.

IMS bearing was not replaced... I think, but will need to double check the records, but since I think they only fail about 9% of the time it is 90%+ unlikely for this to fail, especially with so few miles on the car

Right after I bought it, I was verbally offered $25k for it a local Porsche club coffee meetup, but was not looking to sell it then. Now I am wondering the right value.

Please let me know your thoughts on a basically pristine (truly near showroom new) condition Porsche Boxster S.

And yes, I know what NADA and KBB say but, given that it is fairly unique to find one this pristine, with these upgrades and with so few miles on it, I am hoping some collector or driver that can't buy a better car for $25k will want it for something of a premium price.

Please let me know your thoughts on what this car is worth to Porsche Boxster S-geeks like me and you.... without too much negative commentary about me wanting more than book value for it... and if you want I am happy to hear from serious buyer's too.

It is time for me to make space in my garage for all my motorcycles and bicycles, my other passion.

thanks much
Mark

PS: I will post pics as soon as it stops raining here, but I think you can get the idea without so am posting

Last edited by marky94301; 06-08-2017 at 08:27 AM.
marky94301 is offline   Reply With Quote