View Single Post
Old 06-07-2017, 08:58 AM   #25
seningen

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nine8Six View Post
if you have torrential rains in your area and normally park outdoor, my advice is pick a permanent parking spot with this in mind e.g. under a tree, structure. Clean drains or not, heavy rain 'can' overwhelm those miniature size drains near that plastic window. Becomes a game of 'Lucky or Not". Mother nature won this time :/

Promise myself it wont happen again... man, poor car
The convertible top area has two drains on each side -- there is a foam "bucket" with
a drain hole in the bottom. If the drain hole can't support the volume of water coming into the bucket -- the escape route is over the front of the bucket and down the firewall behind the carpets.

And as has been explained -- the low point in the car stores the immobilizer under the drivers seat, w/o a drain.

One car I purchased had suffered such a fate -- I ended up pulling all the carpet out,
sucking the backside of the carpet where the padding is with a wetvac -- many times.
Then sat the whole assembly out for several weeks to dry -- and still had to wetvac some sections again. Note -- the carpet is such that despite the padding being absolutely soaked -- the top side was bone dry and didn't hint at the swamp contained beneath. So -- I'm not sure the humidifier trick will work -- but it would be far less work!

I eventually won! I even reconditioned the carpets with new carpet paint -- and they looked and smelled great.

Also note, if you have had your convertible top serviced -- it is easy to screw that up and puncture the foam buckets. The arms on each side are perfect spears.

Mike
seningen is offline   Reply With Quote