View Single Post
Old 06-06-2017, 02:06 PM   #4
Oldcarguy

Quote:
Originally Posted by 911monty View Post
Gauge accuracy is in the eye of the beholder! HAHA. My 98 kicks the low speed fans on when the pointer is in the center of the zero. The low temp thermostat (160 deg) controls on the left edge of the 180 hash mark. I replaced the sender since it seemed that all temps were indicating higher and swing was greater than what seemed logical. I'm comfortable with it now that I have verified everything working correctly but initially watching those swings was a bit well terrifying. I still am looking at some mods to minimize the swings though.
Low speed fans on at the center of the zero seems more correct to me if your low speed fans are kicking in at 212F as mine are. Porsche may have implemented some step increments at some point to keep from freaking out the masses with temp swings.
#317 550 Spyder Anniversary Edition 2004 Boxster S, 3.8L Flat Six Innovations engine, PSS9s, etc, etc . . .
The contents of my posts are for entertainment only. As confirmed by my many motor sports fails, I am not qualified to give product endorsements or mechanical advice
Oldcarguy is offline   Reply With Quote