View Single Post
Old 06-05-2017, 03:42 PM   #1
agrennan

Hello to all, and now a coolant question...

So hello everyone, I'm Adam, and a new user to this forum. I've been reading up on everything for quite a while now, and can't tell you how much I love this place. This forum (and the helpful people in it) are part of the reason I decided to pull the trigger and buy my 03 base boxster 2 months ago. I've learned a lot so far, but above all else...how useful the search function can be. I have wanted a p-car all my life, and am happy i've finally got one. I'm making excuses to run out for a gallon of milk just to hear the sound of the engine, and get that silly smile on my face.

All of that said, I've got my first mechanical problem, and am looking for some thoughts. I had it out for a drive Saturday for a couple of hours, and when I got it home my father in law said he could smell coolant. I couldn't (and still can't even thought it's on the garage floor), but after the night it is clear I have a leak. I thought it was a loose or corroded tube, but appears to be leaking at the bottom of the water pump. I'll try to upload a pic of what I'm seeing, but since I'm new to this board, not sure it'll come through.

Thanks in advance for any help.

agrennan is offline   Reply With Quote