View Single Post
Old 06-05-2017, 03:17 PM   #3
Oldcarguy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hogosha View Post
Has this happened to anyone else? And if so, what was your remedy? After taking my wife's car out of storage, and NOT putting the desiccant packs in over the winter, I wound up with some mildew. After cleaning everything up, there is a chalky discoloration on the backs and bottom of the seats, which I assume is vinyl and not leather. Any ideas from the masses?
Hi Patrick, did you use a mildew cleaning product? Some of those products have a high chlorine content. If the discoloration does not revert to normal with use of a vinyl conditioning product, you may have to resort to using an upholstery spray paint or dye (which would require that the seats come out of the car). Just a guess on my part based on results from cleaning mold and mildew from some stored items.

Best of luck!
#317 550 Spyder Anniversary Edition 2004 Boxster S, 3.8L Flat Six Innovations engine, PSS9s, etc, etc . . .
The contents of my posts are for entertainment only. As confirmed by my many motor sports fails, I am not qualified to give product endorsements or mechanical advice
Oldcarguy is offline   Reply With Quote