View Single Post
Old 06-01-2017, 06:28 AM   #8
Nine8Six

^ 177mm * 100mm * 45mm ~ w/ ultra light material selection (no steel)

Just a peak preview of what we are trying to accomplish here. Including some visuals of what appears to be the preliminary (and thermally yet unmanaged) design of the enclosure. Just a shell basically... for now all it does is helping me to visualize the surface area I have to work within - so to pack the punch!

No no big 2DIN boxes for me thank you very much.

The backend is driven by a Intel Quad Core AtomŽ x5-Z8350 processor with 2M Cache with an astonishing 1.92 GHz clock speed. Comes with 4gig ram and running Windows 10 as OS. Has all the necessary connectivity you'll ever need ~ 2.4ghz WIFI and Bucktooth.

That's right. A fully featured Car PC that you can customize just the way you want it. You can even install your Durametric software onto it?! Or if you don't have one, wait and see whats coming your way! If you ask me, there is no other thing other than my laptop that makes me feel "home" (I.T. wise). Certainly not the effect I was getting from the budget 2DIN units I've recently received and tested. So this "My Laptop My Home" feeling will soon be transferred inside my Porsche car!

Eventually we'll be playing with the Continental radio style e.g. Custom Face Bezels. There are so many options for us to play with here, obviously. Just for fun, and to better represent how easy this will get at that stage, here goes a bezel style I've designed a few weeks ago. That is as "amusing" as it will get but hopefully we'll find something a tad more conservative.