View Single Post
Old 05-29-2017, 04:50 AM   #9
KevinH1990

I did some research on this topic when I was looking for a hard top. In the event that you beat the odds and find someone willing to ship, here are some pictures I found of the proper method for shipping a hard top.

A carpenter should be able to build a proper shipping crate without too much difficulty by looking at the pictures. The problem (as you indicated in your first post) is that you need to find a seller willing to go to the trouble and then you will have to pay for the labor and materials in addition to the shipping costs.

Here's a picture of a hard top that was shipped in a cardboard box:

You definitely don't want to cut corners on the shipping procedures.

I ultimately ended up driving to pick mine up, so I think your best option is a road trip. Just install the spin locks before you leave unless the seller has the spin locks from their car and can help install them. The spin lock installation process is a little tedious and there is a risk of dropping one of the parts into the top mechanism. It is not something you want to do in a hurry or when you are fatigued.

Good luck with your search.
Painted Bumperettes, 2004 (OEM) Top, Homelink integrated in dash with Targa switch, 997 Shifter, Carrera Gauge Cluster with silver gauge faces, heated 12-way driver & 8-way passenger seats, Litronics, silver console
KevinH1990 is offline   Reply With Quote