View Single Post
Old 05-25-2017, 07:21 AM   #1
Need_for_speed

Skip Barber Bankrupt

Very sad to see this, as I have been a Skippy addict for a few years now. My wife and I always looked forward to a nice fall trip to Lime Rock to refresh my skills. I loved driving the track and the quality of the instruction was always superb.

That said, over the past year or so, I should have seen the signs. I usually bring my own helmet and suit, but SB would provide a suit and helmet for you if needed. In my class last fall, I was glad I had my own equipment, because the SB suits were ripped and torn, and the helmets had broken visors, frayed chin straps, etc. For the open wheel phase of the course, we had to share cars as half of their fleet was down for maintenance. The 911 I drove on the track had a massive crack in the windshield that stretched from corner to corner. I drove with my visor down the entire time, expecting the glass to implode on the straights.

Hopefully, someone with deep pockets will step in and rescue the company. But with over $1.2 million owed to Lime Rock, I doubt I'll ever see another class there.
Need_for_speed is offline   Reply With Quote