View Single Post
Old 05-23-2017, 02:47 AM   #14
Ebell914

Garage
Ok everyone... sorry for such a late response on the outcome of this, but I feel I need to share the ordeal...or call Maury...

Found my stethoscope, and boy... all the pullies were chatty. I replaced the alternator one- I have the decoupler style. It got much quieter, but the noise was still prevalent.

I already knew the W/P was the culprit after following dghii's no-belt suggestion (thanks!!). I was just in denial of the fact i was certain I had to do the w/p, and it was SO MUCH BETTER than the fear of a rod knock...but still somehow feeling the need to smite the Porsche gods and be be lazy about the w/p... but I digress...

While in wait to get something done... I found an awesome deal on an OE water pump for $237!! But the P gods got their revenge and my car was seriously vandalized before any work was completed....4 slashed tires and two holes in my windshield... ouch!!!

She looked so miserable...and that was me looking at me in the mirror, so you can imagine the sight in the driveway!! I need to fully disclose that i was HOA president for 4 years and I am not terribly popular. But man, this was a stake in the heart :-(

So, yesterday I finally replaced the water pump... had Tread Connection come replace my tires (these guys and their mobile set up are awesome), and local indie is coming out to do the windshield in a day or two.

3 big things I learned:
1. The water pump replacement on the Box is much easier than any Asian car with which I have done the same.
2. Don't let a glass mat battery sit for so long
And of course...
3. Don't dishonor the Porsche gods!

No really though, thanks everyone who chimed in! She is nice and quiet now.

Oh yeah, I forgot to mention... when I evacuated the coolant.... I found my Porsche was an alien with green blood....that post is coming later tonight....
Ebell914 is offline   Reply With Quote