View Single Post
Old 08-01-2006, 11:05 AM   #30
97Boxsterian

I am still stuck!! Need advice.

It has been 8 months since my last post. My box has been in the repair shop since November last year My problem is not only buying a used car without PPI, but also chose the worst mechanic. It took him 3 months to fix the RMS leak, and blew the head gasket while he fix the coolant leak. He didn't fix the coolant leak correctly and creat bubble in the host and end up blew the head gasket in February. Since February till now, he is still fixing the engine. I doubt if the engine is fixable. He said he brought the engine to the machine shop clean up the mess that the broken gasket created, and then the engine had problem about the cam timing, need to fix the bolts...etc. I consulted other Porsche mechanics and they suggest me to replace the engine and they quote me $10k to $12K for an used engine from Porshe and installation. I think it is kind of high. I thought an used engine cost should be about the blue book value of the car minus $10K. Anyone has any idea? Should I sue him now and let the judgement order him to replace the engine for me at his expense? or Should I tow my car to somewhere else and pay for the engine replacement and come back sue him for the $ I spent?

Thanks in advance.
97Boxsterian is offline   Reply With Quote