View Single Post
Old 05-13-2017, 02:56 PM   #3
Boxtaboy
07 Carrera S Cab

Garage
Thanks man. I'm ok for now cause I had an extra sun visor, but I'm sure the cover will snap off again in the future. Good to know there's an easy replacement.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BirdDog View Post
I think I may have posted about this before, but if not...

I found that the lids from the non-illuminated ones fit the illuminated ones just fine (and work great). There's about $100 difference (at least when I bought the one for the missing lid for my driver side visor. $36 vs $136 or something crazy like that (you can't just get the lid, you have to buy the whole mirror assembly). At the time I found Pelican had the best price for new ones.

I then used a razor to cut the pivot post on the new (non illuminated) mirror assembly and moved the lid over to my illuminated one. You place the lid over the pivot posts on the mirror assembly and press straight down. The posts are cut at an angle to make it easy to install the lid, but it's really hard to get them off without damaging the lid which is why i used the razor to cut the post on the new mirror to release the lid.

The new lids also have different (SUPER FUGLY) warning stickers on them. I chose to remove them while I had the mirror out. Isopropyl alcohol removed about 99% of the stickers and then I shot the entire visor with Dupli-Color black carpet/vinyl paint. You'd never know there were warning stickers on them. It looks a million times better with the top down.

Previous: 01 Boxster in Arctic Silver, 86 944 in Guards Red
Boxtaboy is offline   Reply With Quote