View Single Post
Old 05-12-2017, 09:27 AM   #19
ymkmkrz

I spent about 20k for flat6 high performance 3.6 upgrade then another 2-3k for the full Fabspeed exhaust from engine back. HP upgrade included nickies, pistons, rods, intake, different ECU, custom valve job, lightweight flywheel etc, plus comprehensive tuning by Jake. Ultimately it got the solution IMS fix. I may have 300 to the wheels, but I didn't ask for max Horsepower but max throttle response. Jake delivered what I asked for. I believe the comp ratio. Is 12.75/1.

During that initial tuning, Jake tried multiple exhaust systems. Most decreased HP by a small amount. Only fabspeed increased it appreciably. I did not spring for it initially but later ran across a guy who had paid the full 4k for the fabspeed exhaust and didnt like it, so I bought it off him for 2k. If i had it to do over I would have left the stock exhaust and the 15 to 18 more horses. The noise drowns out that sweet intake noise right in your ear and it did sound good. It has saved me a lot on gas though. It sounded so good I couldnt help but go WOT almost every tome in 2nd and 3rd. Oddly enough, I did gain some hP from the solution. Jake was surprised by this and does not claim any increase with that fix, but it did raise horsepower in my car by more than a negligible margin. I don't recall exactly how much but enough that Jake was totally surprised. I don't know if he has see that on other cars or not. Bottom line I don't see 300 at the wheels on any combination of 3.2 bolt on upgrades.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk