View Single Post
Old 05-03-2017, 05:31 PM   #9
Chuck W.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BrokenLinkage View Post
I could not have done this to a car as nice as yours, but it looks good, appears well done (factory), and should work well in your climate. Kudos!
Just curious - what happens if it is rained on with the closed tonneau cover in place? Safe, or mad scramble to put top up?
Thanks and I understand what you are saying. If it wasn't a "Porsche Tequipment Genuine Accessory" I would never have done it. But, since it is and had an Option Code (X68) with a price of $1262 (dealer cost was $760); "Convertible (tonneau cover) in color of roof" I was good with it. The addition of the installation of the tenax are so small it didn't concern me.

As far as the cover protecting the interior of the car from rain.... no way. The center zipper is heavy duty but is just a zipper without a Velcro flap to prevent rain from entering the car. I put a flashlight under the cover and it's beam was visible thought the zipper.

Quote:
Originally Posted by alex.rhodes View Post
I like the look of it. .. but this would be great for being able to leave the top down while running some quick trips. I may have to keep this in mind for the future.
Unfortunately, no. If I was driving with the passenger side secured and wanted to put the driver's side up I have to put the seat all the way forward and the back rest all the way back. Then secure the two front tenax fasteners and zip the center and side zippers. If the seats were manual it would go pretty quick. The power seats are pretty slow! When I go anywhere that the Boxster is parked for more than ten minutes I throw the cover on it. I can do that in 20 seconds!

This is nice and I enjoy not having the passenger seat bake in the sun while I drive.... but it is far from practical or necessary. It is kind of like the powder coated roll bar. I just wanted it!

2016 BMW M2, 6 Speed LBB - ED 7/2016
1997 993 Cab - Sold; 1997 993 Turbo - Sold
2001 Boxster S - Original Owner - 30K Miles -SOLD

Last edited by Chuck W.; 05-03-2017 at 05:40 PM.
Chuck W. is offline   Reply With Quote