View Single Post
Old 04-29-2017, 08:04 PM   #5
Seal Grey Sasha 986

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by 78F350 View Post
For the 03, ignore the fuel pressure regulator in this diagram. All the other components need to be connected to vacuum after the check valve. (D, E, F, J, K).
Best to replace all the tubing, otherwise, you'll be back.
This diagram still doesn't quite explain my predicament though...I see what he says about the tiptronic having a changeover valve...I just had the transmission out of my car for a clutch, but didn't see any kind of valve on the six speed. I assume neither manual has this valve. It seems to me like perhaps a previous owner maybe used junk yard parts from a tiptronic and left the extra vacuum line on? There is an extra line on a t fitting (similar to g in the diagram) that is connected directly to the check valve (h in the diagram). This line is connected to nothing, but just sits open above the transmission. Having an extra line connected to nothing would of course cause an extremely significant vacuum leak. I am assuming someone tried to fix an issue using tiptronic parts and had no true knowledge of how a vacuum system works. I'll try using a different fitting to eliminate this line and see if my MIL will clear. Thank you very much, as this diagram you gave me is far better than anything I have found elsewhere.
Seal Grey Sasha 986 is offline   Reply With Quote