Thread: Compliments...
View Single Post
Old 04-26-2017, 02:46 PM   #8
BirdDog

NoBrakes - I get that all the time too, but 8 in one day - I think you have me beat there! LOL

It never fails - I'll stop at a gas station to fill up and people come over to tell me how much they love my car. I've even had people line up behind me at the pump just so they could get out and check out my car.

Wildest compliment I've received was on I-75 heading south, just south of Tampa... I was cruising along with the top up (had just come through a torrential downpour north of Tampa that proved all my drains were working properly - I was singing yellow submarine!) and a guy pulled up next to me at 75 mph and started waving and honking. My reaction - OMG, what's wrong? I checked my gauges, looked back to see if I was leaving a smoke trail - nothing was wrong. So I rolled down my window and he yelled across "I love your car!". Um, thanks guy (seriously though, at 75 mph?)

Say what you want about Speed Yellow, but it definitely gets noticed. And I've never received a negative comment. The funny thing is that when I was looking for a Boxster I wanted one in Silver or Seal Gray. My initial reaction to Speed Yellow was "Hell no!" Then I met a guy who had one, with a 3.6 in it, and carbon fiber trim upgrades all over the place. Maybe it was because it was at night (outside a Little Caesars Pizza), under a parking lot light, or the guys enthusiasm as he explained everything about his car, but it grew on me. I started thinking "ok, it's not as bad looking as I thought... actually I kind of like it... ok, I guess I could own one in this color... The next day I test-drove one (and bought it shortly thereafter).

One more thing - I totally agree - don't ever park in a fire lane.

Quote:
Originally Posted by nobrakes View Post
you are lucky you didn't get a parking ticket and the car didn't get towed............never park in a fire lane. Now as far as getting compliments go I went for a nice Sunday morning drive after a wash/wax and had atleast 8 people compliment my speed yellow 02 S. People in other cars at red lights, people walking,people in parking lots, people everywhere giving me nice compliments. I usually get 1-3 nice words, but 8 compliments in 1 day. Made me feel proud and that I must be doing something righr in my life.