View Single Post
Old 04-25-2017, 08:23 PM   #14
DaveNW

Quote:
Originally Posted by JBauer View Post
LOL I bought it on a whim because I saw it, test drove it and really liked it. It only has 39000 verified miles which on a normal car, would make me feel pretty confident. Then after I bought I started doing some research, IMS bearings, parts and service prices etc. and I'm hoping for the best. Everything works on it and it is tight and drives great so I'm sure this feeling will pass. Thanks for your input.

My '02 S was the same - the first time I bought it there was only 36K miles on it. I was the third owner, and couldn't say No to owning it. I had a major life issue a few years later, and reluctantly sold the car with 46K on it. Things got straightened out, and I just bought it back again, because I wanted the car back in my life very much. It only has 52K on it now. So the people who owned it after me only put 6K miles on it in four years. I feel like I rented the car to those people, and they took great care of "my" car.

Maintenance is vital to the survival and enjoyment of a car like this. Just set aside a few bucks every month in a savings account you don't think of, and if/when something expensive happens, you'll have the cash available to cover it. I think of it as a kind of insurance policy. Read the various forums about the ups and downs of owning a Boxster, and enjoy the process. It ain't your grandpa's Oldsmobile.

Above all, enjoy yourself. The best thing you can do for your car is to drive it.

Dave

Last edited by DaveNW; 04-25-2017 at 08:25 PM.
DaveNW is offline   Reply With Quote