View Single Post
Old 04-23-2017, 07:18 PM   #1
Javi Cooper

Alarm/door lock/gas lid issues

Where do I start...

Today we had A LOT of rain, and my '99 Boxster for the first time slept with the hardtop off - just the soft top and car cover (hey, it was supposed to be sunny today, why put the hardtop on the day before asunny day? ). After the rain I went to start the car and while it started and ran fine the alarm is now giving me issues.

When pressing the remote button, the following happens:
- Doors won't lock. Only two clicks are heard from the locking mechanism.
- Alarm won't arm. Lights won't flash, alarm won't chirp.
- Gas cap door motor activates. Makes noise twice, about half second each, then stops. There's no way to open the gas lid.

Other symptoms:
- Door lock button won't work. In fact, it does the same as pressing the alarm button (door clicks twice, gas cap makes noise twice, then back to where they were)
- When opening the trunk with the remote the lids pops up fine but the gas cap does the same weird noises.
- Locking the driver door manually with the key will only lock that door but not the the passenger door. Alarm will not activate either.

Logic tells me that water got inside the car somehow and something got messed up, but the car has a good cover and I didn't find any wet spots inside. Could the rain just be coincidence? I've searched but I can't find any threads describing the same symptoms, especially the gas lid part. Any input is appreciated.
Javi Cooper is offline   Reply With Quote