View Single Post
Old 04-19-2017, 09:37 AM   #1
Xcellr8

FS: 2001 Triple black beauty base $5995

My wife and I love this car, but have decided to get a 911, so looking for a good home for our 2001 Boxster. This has been a daily driver since new and now shows 163,300 on the odometer. I am the second owner. It started out life in California, I purchased the Boxster in 2014. Zero rust. Clean carfax.

Not all Boxsters are created equally, this one came with Porsche Stabilty Management (PSM), a $1215 option when new, Litronic Headlights $1070, Sport Package $2110, Design Package $2578, and Full Leather Interior Package $2920.

We are firm with our asking price of $5995. That means don't even ask if I would take less. I will not. It is a whole lot of car for under 6 grand. PM me with your interest.

Everything works except the windshield wiper fluid pump. There are no warning lights on. It runs and drives fine. The top was replaced before I got it with a glass window aftermarket top which is still in good condition. The interior is good too. No tears. The bolster on the driver seat does show wear. There are dents in the rocker panel in front of the rear wheels on both sides. The only paint work that I am aware of is on the front bumper cover which was re-painted due to chips/bugs three years ago. Perfect match.

Of course it has had oil and filter changes. The coolant tank was replaced, as was the windshield, and the rear track arms. The battery is newer, the tires are newer and the wheels were upgraded to Porsche 18" BBS Sport Classic.

Those of you who know, or know of, me, know that I have reconditioned and sold many Boxsters. Since this car was in such good condition when acquired, I have not needed to tear into it. Besides the wiper fluid pump, it needs some bushings up front as there is more noise than there should be. I have not yet had the transmission out of the car, so the clutch life is unknown though holding good. I have no idea if the IMSB has ever been addressed. I was planning on replacing it when doing the clutch - but it hasn't needed the clutch yet. I did however put in the LN Engineering full filter adapter and magnetic drain plug.

Title is free of marks, clear of liens, and in hand in my name. While I've tried to describe it the best I can, I am selling this Boxster as-is, where-is. No guarantees, no warranty. You need to ask questions before you agree to purchase.

Xcellr8 is offline   Reply With Quote