View Single Post
Old 04-17-2017, 06:22 AM   #5
steved0x

Quote:
Originally Posted by truegearhead View Post
I don't believe so. They came assembled from the previous owner and the rear doesn't have a problem
Do you have any pics?

Maybe the height adjustment is different for one side - I think they are progressive and the first bit to compress probably goes at a pretty easy rate, like a built in tender spring.

Count the coils - does each side have the same amount of turns.

In order to remove coilovers, it is easier if you can compress them as much as possible by running the height adjustment all the way to an excessively low setting. If one side was turned less than the other during the removal process, this could make them look quite different.

You may have this info already, but here are the ranges of adjustment for the KW coilovers for 986:

It looks like they can be set from a range of .8" lower up to 1.5" lower according to their marketing. The following instructions contain the minimum and maximum acceptable range of adjustment for the spring collars.

http://www.kwsuspensions.com/extras/docs/BBXQ/15271001-eah68671001.pdf

It looks like you can use the dimensions for "A" to set the coilover in the approved range and then you can use "B" as a check. Or you can pick you desired "B" setting and map it to the proper part of the range of "A" to get you close to your desired setting as a starting point.

My personal coilover advice - make sure each side is set "exactly" the same - either count the turns our use a micrometer/caliper to measure and set the starting point, mark the rings with a white crayon, and then count the turns - worry about corner balance and things like that after you get the ride height sorted out to your liking, or else you will have to pay twice for the corner balance...
steved0x is offline   Reply With Quote