View Single Post
Old 04-12-2017, 08:36 AM   #18
particlewave
Custom User Title Here

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gelbster View Post
"everything seemed good and at 50 miles it throws the bank 1 and bank 2 SAI codes again
Obviously this is not the regular SAI problems.
Now that you've become an involuntary expert on the subject- the SAI system should not be running 50 miles after a start. So what happened then to produce code? A bump+loose connection? Fault to ground ? Such a transient fault would set a Pending Code and the next bump would add to the store of Pending codes and eventually the CEL would illuminate on the dash.
I ask this seemingly silly question because you've tested the system physically and electrically very carefully many times.
After the car has warmed up, can you wiggle any of the harness/connectors to produce the CEL ? Unless we can reproduce the situation that prompts the CEl we're just flailing.
The other more intelligent(?) option is to check continuously for Pending Codes whenever you are driving. Maybe there was a Pending SAI code set at start up but it requires reconfirmation before the light on the dash illuminates(at 50 miles) ? Or could this be just a Drive Cycle readiness process and it will eventually become 'ready'.
Good luck !
SAI fault will not immediately trigger a CEL.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jamesp View Post
So here's the plan:

I've pulled connectors 1 through 4 from the main computer in the trunk.

The power from the SAI changeover valve appears to be coming from Connector 2 pin 30 from the Cartronics computer in the trunk. I'd appreciate it if someone can confirm that for a 2003. My documentation is for a 2000 and I'd hate to let the smoke out of something.

My plan is to probe pin 30 with 12 volts to manually actuate the changeover valve.

I can supply vacuum to to the system with the manual pump at the check valve.

At that point the shut off valve should open (may need to refresh the vacuum at this step)

With the shut off valve in the open position blow into the tube from the SAI pump to check for free air flow.

Jumper the SAI pump and note RPM changes with the hose connected, disconnected and with the changeover valve open and closed

If no free air flow or no SAI RPM change while manually configuring different system states work to inspect change over valve, shut off valve, passages in head etc.

Thoughts?
Sounds like s solid plan. Can the electronic changeover valve and air pump be triggered by the Durametric with the engine not running? I thought I read that they could, but have not played with my Durametric much yet.

Guess what I got yesterday...p0410 and p1411! Yay! :dance:
I suspect my changeover valve cleaning didn't take, though it lasted a few months.
particlewave is offline   Reply With Quote