View Single Post
Old 04-11-2017, 05:27 AM   #16
Jamesp
Beginner

Garage
Well the car was all put back together with a new 40 amp relay, everything seemed good and at 50 miles it throws the bank 1 and bank 2 SAI codes again. :ah:

Checked for voltage at the 40 amp fuse in the trunk and it is there.

Jumpered the 40 amp relay in the trunk and the SAI pump ran like a champ.

Checked the new 40 amp relay out of the car confirming switching and continuity.

Pulled the SAI hose and verified the fan is pushing air.

Video inspected the vacuum connections in the system and they all look good - they also hold vacuum using a hand operated vacuum pump.

Video inspected the electrical connection on the change over valve and it is connected and looks good (dusty but not oily).

So moving forward, and trying not to pull the flipping thing apart I figured I'd ask the Forum for their thoughts before I do some serious damage.

So here's the plan:

I've pulled connectors 1 through 4 from the main computer in the trunk.

The power from the SAI changeover valve appears to be coming from Connector 2 pin 30 from the Cartronics computer in the trunk. I'd appreciate it if someone can confirm that for a 2003. My documentation is for a 2000 and I'd hate to let the smoke out of something.

My plan is to probe pin 30 with 12 volts to manually actuate the changeover valve.

I can supply vacuum to to the system with the manual pump at the check valve.

At that point the shut off valve should open (may need to refresh the vacuum at this step)

With the shut off valve in the open position blow into the tube from the SAI pump to check for free air flow.

Jumper the SAI pump and note RPM changes with the hose connected, disconnected and with the changeover valve open and closed

If no free air flow or no SAI RPM change while manually configuring different system states work to inspect change over valve, shut off valve, passages in head etc.

Thoughts?