View Single Post
Old 04-10-2017, 03:44 PM   #10
DaveNW

Quote:
Originally Posted by Adrian Thompson View Post
Did you get the regular or the acoustic material for extra $80 and if so do you notice it being quieter than the old top?

To those saying get a top off an 03/04, I've had my name and phone # on record with various Boxster breakers for six months with zero luck on finding an 03/04 used top with glass window in good condition to buy.

I don't recall buying anything extra - I wanted as OEM as I could find, so probably not. I did go with the glass rear window, because I didn't want to have to replace another cracked plastic back window. Where I live in Washington state, things tend to get brittle. I felt the glass window would last for a long time. (Bonus: The rear window defroster is plug and play for the heated outside mirrors.) The top has been on the car several years, and looks like new. I'd absolutely buy the same thing again. It has a head liner, (wasn't that standard for an S?) and I don't notice any excess noise. But to be fair, I don't usually drive with the top up - I like the top down whenever I can.

Dave

Last edited by DaveNW; 04-10-2017 at 03:48 PM.
DaveNW is offline   Reply With Quote