View Single Post
Old 04-03-2017, 01:15 PM   #509
dcdrechsel

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bayley View Post
Unfortunately, I too have the same issue with vehicle speed signals.

The short answer is that there is no easy way to do this with simple wire splicing.

The PCM uses a frequency generated signal to measure inductive pulses through a "tone wheel" inside a GM transmission (usually on the output shaft). If you try to splice into an existing ABS sensor wires, you are now inducing a second frequency into a sensor that is already getting excited by the ABS module. Neither module will be able to read the sensor correctly in this case.

The best concept / idea that I came up with is to add an additional tone-ring to the inboard CV joint of a drive axle. Next, fabricate a bracket that would hold a factory GM vehicle speed sensor up to that ring. You would then need to recalibrate your ECU properly match the tone pulses to actual vehicle speed, but I see no reason why this shouldn't work.

Good luck and let us know if you come up with anything different.
Dakota digital has a gps sender that I think will work .It is compatible with the gm ecu and looks like a simple , clean installation .If I hit many more dead ends that is what I will try .I keep thinking there is a way to take the speedometer signal and convert it to a ac sine wave for the gm ecu .So far -no .
dcdrechsel is offline   Reply With Quote