View Single Post
Old 03-29-2017, 03:42 PM   #1
CrisZenithBlue

need help being more laid back :D

Hi guys,

I love my GT3 seats but as the come they have me sitting too up right which on long drives gives me back pain. I really need to recline them back just a tiny bit but the OEM mounting brackets are not slotted like on most aftermarket bucket seats so I'm looking for alternatives (hopefully easy) without spending money on hardware and especially compromising safety.

This is how they sit now:

And I'm looking to recline them a bit, something like this:

I've contemplated drilling a hole in the fiberglass seat but two holes so close together might not be a good idea. Also, I think the original hole is reinforced on the other side of the seat, I can feel a protrusion on the inside of the seat. I wonder if drilling another hole will be strong enough to support the weight.

Maybe adding some spacers or nuts between the floor and the seat mount on the two front bolts to raise it up?
Or maybe drilling a hole on the bracket itself and move the rear bolt a bit lower (that goes into the seat, the one you see below)?

Any recommendation would be very much appreciated as always! Maybe someone had the same issue and has some experience.

Thanks in advance,

Cristian
CrisZenithBlue is offline   Reply With Quote