View Single Post
Old 03-29-2017, 07:28 AM   #7
ToddRu

Garage
Well done! Got me all choked up as well.

I'm sure several of us can relate as many are at that age where our parent are aging quickly. Reading your story reminds me that not always will my dad be there for me to answer all those pesky questions about the work I do on my own Boxster. Me, "Hey dad, do you want to help me install sport springs on my Boxster??". Dad, "Sure, come on up this weekend, we can crank through it in a day".

My dad is also a car guy's car guy. And he always is willing to help out anyone who's in need (and has the garage to do it - from a two pole lift, to a self-contained sand blaster and all the pneumatics you could need). He's been remodeling and rebuilding cars since before I was born and continues to this day (at 76 years of age). His latest rebuild is a 1967 Fiat Dino. A gorgeous number in Fly Yellow (think that's the name of the color). Photo attached.

You will notice his daily behind it, a 2013 Boxster he bought new and has accumulated over 80k miles so far (or more) - he does at least one major trip a year with his wife, touring the country.

Thanks for the reminder to spend more time with Mom & Dad - we often get wrapped into our own busy lives and forget to stop and appreciate the family we have and those who love us.

Todd.
Attached Images

2006 987 S - daily Black/Black (sold)
ToddRu is offline   Reply With Quote