View Single Post
Old 03-26-2017, 04:10 PM   #1
507fan

Garage
Question Exhaust in the cabin

I am experiencing an issue which is confounding me and my local Porsche-centric indy. I am frustrated, really hoping the collective wisdom and problem solving of this group can solve the mystery.

The problem: Extremely strong exhaust smell in the cabin, even with the top down. It is so strong I cannot drive the car. After driving and parking the car the smell is very strong near the air intake vents. There is no smell at the exhaust tips. It is possible the smell is not exhaust but something else burning.

Background: I've had the car for 4.5 years. The issue started after the catalytic converters were replaced several months ago. I returned the car to the indy and he thoroughly inspected the car after i encountered the exhaust in the cabin. He found nothing from replacing the cats that would have caused this. Another variable which may or may not be a contributing factor, around the same time the cats were replaced the oil was changed and the oil level was to the max. I was concerned that this may have been the cause. My indy checked the AOS and said it was fine.

I will be grateful for any insights
507fan is offline   Reply With Quote