Thread: New Tires?
View Single Post
Old 07-25-2006, 12:41 PM   #5
blinkwatt

Send a message via AIM to blinkwatt
I have the Rossos on now. For the price I wouldnt buy them(they came on my wheels as a deal),I would buy Bridgestone S03s,now those are amazing tires all around. I havent seen the S03s on Tirerack though lately. Other alternatives are Kuhmo Ecsta ASX,I have only heard great reviews from people who use them. They are less then half the price of the Rossos.
Here is a review from a 03 Boxster owner.
"About 1/2 the price of comparable Michelins or Bridgestones (which preceded these tires on my car). Previous tires lasted less than 15,000 miles. These tires have a much higher treadwear rating, and appear to have as much dry grip and cornering performance of either of the more expensive tires. Have not been in rain enough to really evaluate the wet grip, but that is a secondary factor as I tend to drive much more conservatively in the wet. The Kuhmos are materially quieter than previous tires, and seem smoother running as well. I hope that the availablily of tires like these will put some pressure on other manufacturers to price their high perfomance tires more reasonably. I believe that the prices are so outlandish on most of the other tires because they think that if you drive a Porsche, you can afford anything. NOT TRUE! My brother drives a Porsche Turbo track car, and has also found that Kuhmos perform as well as much more expensive tires on the track."