View Single Post
Old 03-23-2017, 05:03 AM   #1
2005_987

Does ECU Repair Immobilizer Waterproof Case really fit 2005??

Specialized ECU Repair offers an Immoblizer waterproof case for 1997-2005 Boxsters & I have a 2005 (987) & have lived thru the experience of having my immobilizer module (P/N 997-618-260-08) immersed in rain water due to clogged rear drains (I now have the rear drain cleaned & screens installed).
My main questions are:
1) Has anyone installed this waterproof case on a 2005 Boxster?
2) How did the install go?
3) Has it worked for them so far?
4) What did Porsche change after my model year (2005) to fix this problem?
5) Anyone try also adding a drain hole? If so what did they use for a drain plug?

As background and as a cautionary tale for others here is my wet Immoblizer story:
During the 2015 Porsche Parade, I parked my 2005 Boxster outside on a stormy night. In the morning I approached the car and the windows were rolled down about 1/4 and the spoiler was up. People in the parking lot told me that the alarm had been going off all morning. When I opened the rear trunk, the motor for the convertible top started to cycle so I quick hit the top switch to cancel. Note that the top was latched and there was no key in the ignition. At one point while driving just applying the brake started the top to cycle. Initially the brake lights did not work properly. Very surprised this problem did not result in a vehicle safety recall since the brake lights were involved, nor was it mentioned in Wayne's book.
2005_987 is offline   Reply With Quote