View Single Post
Old 03-21-2017, 06:24 PM   #20
benjamminfla

Just wanted to give an update: got the new coolant cap and fluids, did the flush, put the new on, bled system and all seems to be well. I can hear the new cap venting a little after car is shut off and I open the rear trunk. There's no condensation above the cap or overflow leakage. There was green coolant (clean) in the car but I replaced with the pink (oem I think) stuff.

Also, started detailing the car in preparation for Water by the Bridge, my local big euro car show this Saturday in Louisville on the river. Should be a great time, especially since in the past three haven't been many Porsche's there. If anyone's local or close to Louisville, it's a great show to check out with typically lots of cool and unique "older" stuff and plenty of air cooled VW's.

Detailing the car for the show includes: carpet cleaning, windows, leather treatment, cleaning door jambs and all those often neglected areas, convertible top treatment, clay bar, rubbing compound, polish, wax, and wheel and tire treatment. Got the first 4 items done this evening, and will get the rest tomorrow and Friday.

Sent from my LGLS775 using Tapatalk
benjamminfla is offline   Reply With Quote