View Single Post
Old 03-15-2017, 06:30 AM   #1
Rotmilky

WTB stock 2000-2004 Boxster S (or Spyder) for Autocross car

Looking to run a Boxster S in C-street this year. Since it'll be an autocross car, it probably shouldn't be a well kept example. While AX isn't as hard on a car as other forms of racing, repeatedly hitting cones does take its toll...

What I really need on the car:
--STRONG 3.2L motor. I can live with any sort of mileage as long as the power isn't down on the motor.

--Stock. No short shift kits, muffler replacements that include changes to the catalytic converter, etc. Anything that'll kick me out of the stock racing class.

--Manual Tranny

What Options I'd like:
--M030. Not a deal breaker if it doesn't have it. I'll put one on if it it's not there. But it'd be great not to do that.

--Any other options I've missed?

--It'd be nice if it was located near Santa Fe, New Mexico. However...I'd be willing to travel farther.

The rest of the car I'm pretty ambivalent about. I don't really care about color. The paint can be in whatever condition. There can be dents, ripped seats, etc. So, if you've got a somewhat ugly car you don't think anyone would want, I might be the guy looking for it if the price is right. I'd like to keep the cost below $12K because I've got $5-6K in parts I need to put on it. The farther below $12K, the better...it'll help offset travel costs during the season.

Edit: If you've got a Spyder, I'd go above the $12K mark.

Last edited by Rotmilky; 03-15-2017 at 07:35 PM. Reason: typo on motor and Spyder
Rotmilky is offline   Reply With Quote