View Single Post
Old 03-14-2017, 02:53 AM   #27
Jamesp
Beginner

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sweezy804 View Post
My code reader say evaporation emission control and oxygen sensor woul any of these make it not start??
No, those would not stop the car from starting.

To better inform folks trying to help you, you should give the year of the car, S or Base, and manual transmission or Tiptronic.

Then a complete description of what is going on when you try to start the car. For example, when I turn the key the dash lights go on, but it does not turn over when I try to start it. Or, it turns over slowly, or turns over normally.

Let the forum know everything you did, and if you are asked to double check something you should, that means someone has screwed that up before and you might have.

Everything you tell the forum is a clue that will help the forum (and you) solve the problem. for instance, I have no idea if the car stopped running on the side of the road, if it acted up but ran then stopped, or if everything was fine and then is just would not start. Those details are very important.

Additionally - if you have not checked the fuel pump relay above the fuse box, that is a very common cause for not starting. Some folks carry a spare. Search the forum on how to check it, the information is here. Checking the fuel rail pressure as suggested below will clear both the fuel pump and the relay, or point to one or the other.

I'm fairly confident if you take some time searching / reading this forum you will be able to get it started.