View Single Post
Old 03-12-2017, 09:14 AM   #1
AZ986S

Power steering fluid leak

Here's a photo of the leak in the front of the engine.

I noticed a leak prior to yesterday's DE and couldn't really see the source of the leak so I cleaned it up, topped off the power steering fluid and went out on the the track.

I noticed fluid on the bottom plastic pan today and removed it. Lots more fluid coming from that same area. It is power steering fluid, but I can't see the source. Inspecting the fluid level, it is lower today than yesterday before the DE. I do have a UD pulley and the PS system is probably the original one on my 2002 Boxster S.

Did I cook a hose or seal? Or did it just puke some fluid? Should I just go ahead and replace both return and pressure hoses? How heard is it to R&R the PS pump an hoses?
2002 Boxster S - NHP 200 Cell Headers,test pipes,Borla CatBack,Competition Plenum,74 mm TB, EVOMS Tune,Tarett UDP,Eibach Swaybars,BIlstein PSS9s,TuneRS rear toe links,wheel studs,15 mm wheel spacers on all 4,EBC yellow stuff pads,Sebro rotors, EBS oil baffles,160 deg Thermostat,2 quart Accusump,full filtration remote oil filter,rad fan switch,custom gauge/switch plate, Race Capture data logging, 90K miles
AZ986S is offline   Reply With Quote